After an amazing summer autumn is now slowly creeping upon us. It’s a bit chilly in the morning, it’s a bit darker in the evening and the flowers in the garden begins to slowly wither. We decided to pick some of ours and made a mandala. By taking pictures of them our mandalas became beautiful cards to send to loved ones.
You need flowers, leaves and a white paper. If you like turn them into cards you also need access to a camera and a color printer.
1. Begin by carefully picking the petals from the flowers.
2. Then place the petals in patterns on a white sheet of paper. Move the leaves around until you are happy. Beautiful, don’t you think!
You can of course enjoy your mandala as they are until the leaves wilted. Or do as we – take a picture of your mandalas and print them out as cards. Fun to make, fun at give away!
Being the tooth fairy must fun, but also a bit tricky. It’s not always easy to fish out tiny baby teeth from under pillows and out of water glass. To help the tooth fairy out we make a sweet jar that you can, like its big brother, leave out in the bathroom or bedroom. No more fairies fumbling in the dark!
You need PET bottles, we have used two different sizes, spray paint, scissors, acrylic paint and a small brush.
1. Start by removing the labels and then spray paint the bottles. We’ve talked about how to handle spray paint before, so we’re giving you the short version this time. Care for good ventilation, read the instructions on the can carefully and if you buy a new colors choose the new water based spray paint.
2. Once the paint has dried, we cut the bottles in a nice height. We have used a pinking shears to get a fun edge, but you can just as well cut it straight.
3. Finally, paint eyes and mouth on the jar with black acrylic paint. We also gave ours a little color on the cheeks.
Our sweet tooth fairy jars are done and ready to come in use. The big one is maybe a bit big to put teeth into, but it works great for toothbrushes and toothpaste. Now we just need to wait for new lost teeth and the next visit from the little tooth fairy.
Hej vänner och välkomna tillbaka! Hoppas att er sommar varit lika härlig och solig som vår. Vi rivstartar bloggen igen med en basbeskrivning – vika loppa. Kommer ni ihåg hur man gör? Om inte så häng med. Vi kör det i bilder.
Lätt som en plätt, eller hur! Vi kommer att fylla hösten med mer pyssel, mer tips och en och annan överraskning. Igen – välkomna tillbaka!