I hope you haven’t grown tired of our map party theme yet! Since some in this family find it hard to breath with flowers in the house, we decorated the party table with pinwheels instead. Today we show you how to make them.
You need maps, barbecue stick, scissors, a pin and a pair of pliers.
1. Cut a square out of the map. Our square is 13×13 cm. Then fold the square from corner to corner to make a triangle. Unfold and do the same thing the other way. Unfold again and you now have a square with a cross in. Cut in from corner each half-way towards the middle.
2. Gently bend the corners toward the center, one at a time , without folding paper, and attach them with the pin.
3. Let the barbecue sticks soak in water to make them soft and then press the pin through the stick. Fold down the needle to the back of the stick using pliers. You can also rap a tape over the bent needle to make sure no one get hurt.
Our pinwheels are done and will decorate the party table instead of flowers.
It has been a week full of celebrations and today we want to show what else we’ve done with our old maps. Check it out.
1. First we make napkin rings. You need a page from the atlas and scissors. Cut a strip from the map. Our strip is 14 cm long and 3.5 cm wide.
2. Tape the strip around the napkin or cut a flap at each end of the strip and thread the ends together.
Napkins for the party – check!
We also made lanterns of glass jars. For that you need glass jars, a map, scissors and tape. You also need a tea light.
1. Start by cutting a piece of the map. Make sure the height of the paper is not higher than the upper edge of the jar. The jars can become very hot once the candle is lit. Then tape the map around the jar and put in a candle.
Voilà – lanterns ready for the party! Also check out our map theme invitations here.