When we did our Halloween lanterns we got a whole bunch of caps. As always when it gets things over itches in your fingers for us to find something to do with them. But what do you do with a lid? This time, it was small barrels to block light.
You need leftover metal lid, acrylic paint, paint brush, glue and fine ribbon and lace.
1. Begin by painting the lids with acrylic paint. Our cap called a few coats of paint before they became as we wanted them.
2nd Let the covers dry completely and then decorate them with fancy ribbon or other fancy you have at home. As you can see, I let Freya use glue gun. I'm always around when the glue gun is running, in case she would burn herself, but she has proved to be careful. Do you have minor children, or children who are not accustomed to hot glue gun, so you can of course just use plain craft glue.
3rd We finished to bring down a small sequins at the bottom. Just be sure that what is on the bottom must be flat, so that the lights are not unstable. When we were ready!
Four boring leftover caps are now four tiny barrels to block light.
When we did our Halloween lanterns we've got a whole bunch of leftover lids. We do not like leftover things - we had to find something to do with them. But what do you do with the lids? Candle plates, of course!
You need leftover metal lids, hobby paint, brush, glue and fine ribbons and lace.
1. Begin by painting the lids with hobby paint. We had to add a couple of layers of paint before our lids looked the way we wanted.
2nd Let the lids dry thoroughly and then decorate them with beautiful ribbons or lace. As you can see, I let Freya use the glue gun. I am always nearby When glue gun is in use, in case she would burn herself, but she has Proved to be careful. Do you have small children, or children who are not accustomed glue guns, use plain craft glue.
3rd We attached a little sequin on the bottom of the lid. Make sure the ice sequins glued flat to the bottom or the candle will be unstable. Done!
Four boring leftover lids are now four tiny candle plates for our block lights.
That tweaking is fun but it can sometimes cumbersome to figure out what to do. This page will Crafts Company regularly provide you with inspiring, fun and not too difficult puzzles. Crafts Company is comprised of Freya, who is 9 years old, and Freya's mother Karin, who is in his prime.
Many parents like to do crafts with theirchildren but They find it hard to know where to start. Our aim is to show fun and easy crafts for parents and kids That does not Require too much knowledge, equipment or time. We are Freya, 8 years old, and Freya's mum Karin.
More crafts / crafts more
- Paper Beads / Rolled paper beads
- Go-away box / Fold a gift box
- Globe Bulb / Globe Lamp
- Friendship Band / Friendship hairband
- Braided bracelet / Colorful braided bracelets
- Button Jewelry / Button Jewelry
- Craft with straws 2 / Paper straw craft 2
- Craft with straw / paper straw craft
- Recycled gift boxes / Recycled gift boxes
- Papier Mache pigs / Papier Mache Piggies
- Make your own cards / Make your own cards
- Cross Stitch on postcards / Cross stitch postcards
- Clips / Paper Clips
- Just words / Just Words
- Papier Mache Bowls / Bowls in Papier Mache
- Candy Shop / The Candy Store
- Balloon Mobile / Hot Air Balloon Mobile
- Happy Easter / Happy Easter
- Spotted party / Polka dot party part 2
- Spotted party / Polka dot party part 1